Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Alone

This beautifully written poem was written by a young woman named Dawn who has recently come to know God and is searching for answers as she faces her struggles. 

ALONE

I stand in a crowded room but feel so alone
The music is blaring but I just feel the tone
I strut around the stage to catch someone’s eye
but when he comes to the stage inside a part of me dies.
It’s like a pick and I'm being chiseled away,
but if I don’t do it, the rent won’t be paid.
I dance for him for a dollar or two, but when
I'm done I think, what did I just do?
I climb the pole to the top, I lay back, close my eyes
and think to myself, God, this has to stop!
When I am done I go around for my tips, but it’s so hard
to force the words to  come out of my lips.
When I’m done I go on my way, I go to the dressing room
and with Lila I pray.
"God take this crooked path and make it straight.
 I know you have a plan for me and Lord God I know it’s great!
I hate what I'm doing with all of my heart
but when I can’t do for my kids it tears me apart!
Lord please give me some direction, make my life complete
even if you can only talk to me while I'm asleep. 
I need you Lord God I can’t do this alone.
Please come to me, my life, my heart, and my home.
I need you Lord God, so bad its true. 
I’m sick of feeling alone when I know
all I need is you!”


Taken from the e-mail on Nov. 1st, 2010 of the Treasures mailing list.

No comments:

Post a Comment