Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Christian Rap

A friend of a friend came up with these lyrics and I can't get them out of my head so I felt like passing them on. Enjoy! 

Hi there, How are you? No need to walk so hop right in
We’re going the same way, So let this JOY ride begin.
You were stuck at that CROSS road, didn’t know which way to turn
No real map to guide you, But you’ll see and you’ll learn
You don’t have much to say and don’t care to speak
It’s ok that you listen since I love to teach
Why were you wandering, so scared and so lost
Is it because you were living the way you wanted, no matter the cost?
When you look in this rear view, I know what you see
You see the person you were, I look ahead and see the person you’ll be
People may have wronged you and hurt you so much
But going forward, in those times lean on me and I’ll be your crutch
“They deserve what’s coming, You say forgive but how is this true”
Because I’ve been there, I was killed but still I asked “Forgive them, for they know not what they do”
The road won’t be easy, There will be bumps, turns and twists
The temptation will be real And hard to resist
The journey isn’t about you though, So don’t give into greed
Like a parent I will not always give you what you want, but ALWAYS what you need
Go tell others, they will listen To what you have to say
Don’t worry I’ll be there, Every step of the way
So go forth my child And turn away from sin
This isn’t the end of our JOY ride, but where it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment