Sunday, June 24, 2012

Give your worries to HIM!

"Give all your worries to him, because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Ever had one of those weeks where everything that could go wrong, goes wrong? A mailbox full of bills, bare cabinets, family member in the emergency room and finding a pink slip on your desk at work are just a few of the struggles some of us women deal with on a weekly - or daily - basis. Often times Christians offer advice on 'giving up all your worries to God' and then you'll have peace of mind. 

Some of you are probably rolled your eyes. And before I became a believer, I would have, too. 

In 1 Peter, we are asked to give all our worries, concerns and unwavering thoughts up to God. Of course this is easier said then done as the bill collector pounds on the front door and the phone is ringing off the wall with credit card companies needing payments. Once we pray and ask God to take our worries away, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will vanish the moment we say "Amen." It doesn't mean we might have to endure them for a few more weeks. It does promise that God will help us through whatever turmoil is taking over our lives at the moment. 

When we give our worries to God, we put our faith into His all encompassing power. In the bible, God doesn't just ask us to do this, he commands, pleads and begs us to turn to Him in times of trouble. He wants to bare our worries and have us rely on Him. 

Tonight take a moment to think about troubles are on your mind and say this prayer, "Lord, I have a lot on my plate right now. I sometimes feel like it's hard to go on and I don't know what else to do so I'm turning to you. I've giving up all my concerns and placing them on your shoulders. From this day forward I will release any stress life throws at me and pass it right on to You. I put my full faith in You and You alone. Only you can carry me through this tough time and I look forward to seeing the green grass on the other side. Amen" 

No comments:

Post a Comment